If you want to paste in text that was originally a bulleted list, you may lose that formatting. This article will show you how to paste text and create a bulleted list from that text.
- Due to our HTML-base in text fields, the system will treat the entire field as one paragraph. This means that use of one tool will affect the entire text field, rather than just specific pieces of text. To avoid this, you will use the Paragraph Break tool.
- To separate list items from the rest of the content, use the Paragraph Break tool
- Click at the end of the last line of regular text, press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove the Line Break, and click the the Paragraph Break tool; this will ensure that there is no extra spacing
- Click at the end of the last line of bulleted text, press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove the Line Break, and click the Paragraph Break tool
- Note: This step should be skipped if the bulleted list is the last text in the field to prevent extra spacing.
- Click next to your first item, and select the Bullet List button
- Click next to the end of the first item, select Delete on your keyboard, then Enter on your keyboard; continue until all items in the list are bulleted
- View your bulleted list