This article will describe troubleshooting steps if your stream will start and run successfully, but stop streaming after some time.
- Start the video stream and allow the stream to run for 5 minutes to see if it will stop on its own
- If it does stop on its own, there is likely a local setting or hardware defect causing the encoder to fail to maintain a video stream. To resolve, stop and contact vendor.
- If stream continues passed 5 minutes, determine if a second video source is available and switch to the additional video source while a stream is actively running (applicable for any entity using multiple video sources)
- Ensure that the encoder is capable of scaling natively (processing multiple video sources). If it does not scale natively, you may have to introduce a video scaler in the hardware chain
- Contact CivicClerk Support